Sunday, May 16, 2010

Large Boston View by palette knife painter Ann Gorbett


Looking up Berkeley Street III
Oil with a palette knife on 2" cradled board
36" x 24"

This past week I took a couple of days off of work so I could have a two day self imposed painting marathon. Although I was completely fried by Friday night, it was worth it. I was able to finish this large painting I have been working on for awhile now, phew. As well as finishing up a few others that will appear in later posts. 

I had previously posted several stages of this painting and this time I was hoping to get a better sense of the size of this painting when I photographed it. The one above is on the easel which kind of shows the scale, but then I recruited Polo and shot this one too. What a hoot. Here is my painting with a hat and legs.

And here is a detail.

And an abstract close up.
Mmmm chunky deliciousness. It's now ready for it's debut at our June 4 art reception and show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...