Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Upslope to the Blue Sky" by Karla Nolan, palette knife oil painting



Early morning simply is not my time of day. That's something of a shame, I know, because I miss all of the glorious sunrises! Instead, I lay in bed with all sorts of thoughts ruminating through my brain, about family, friends, art, chores to do this day, and so on. This morning I was remembering the above painting, a recent palette knife oil painting. It is a minimalist painting for me and I am so NOT a minimalist in my actual life -- more a clutterbug who wants to try minimalism on for size, see if it fits. Try as I may, I cannot help holding onto and loving certain things -- I find them hard to give away, as if I could give away my memories. So the painting today is dedicated to all of you who, like me, want to try out the zen or minimal approach but know yourselves better -- although, I must say, I do like a challenge and this painting represents a breath of fresh air!

"Upslope to the Blue Sky" 9"x12" unframed palette knife oil painting on gessoed board, $215 includes s&h in N. America, Paypal accepted, click button below, please, or write me for more information at KarlaNolan@gmail.com -- and thank you for looking!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...