Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day Dreamer - Original Palette Knife painting by Nithya Swaminathan

I love coneflowers, something about their unique color that really attracts me. The magenta-purple petals with the orange center make it a riot of color, and extremely pleasing visually. 


Day Dreamer
Palette Knife on board, 5 by 7 inches
© Nithya Swaminathan




This painting is from a reference in the WetCanvas image library. It seemed to me like someone lost in her own world and thoughts and that explains the title. These days, what appeals to me most about the coneflower is that it is a pleasure to do with the knife. Let me know what you think, and yes, there are a few more to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...