Monday, July 12, 2010

LANDSCAPE PALETTE KNIFE PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“A JEWEL OF A DAY”
5x7 INCH ORIGINAL PALETTE KNIFE
OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN

SOLD
THIS LITTLE PIECE HAS A BIG PUNCH. The colors in many areas of this piece are actually muted or “grayed” down. Yet the overall piece contains drama and strength of color and tone. I was very pleased with this piece.

Working with a knife creates a bold and dynamic effect. It goes right to the heart of the composition and makes a powerful statement, even in a small painting.

As I’ve mentioned before, my usual style of painting is done with brushes. But occasionally I like to complete an entire painting with the palette knife, as in this case. Alternating between the two styles of painting keeps me fresh in each style. I hope you like this one.

If you would like this little jewel to grace your walls, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...