Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sunset hillside oil painting by BECKY JOY



This is a 5x7 oil on canvas. I painted it from a photo showing the tall trees. I changed the time of day, colors and the composition. It was really just the shape of the tall trees that I wanted from the photo. I used the palette knife on the tops of the bushes and the grass to move them forward in space. I kept all the colors warm to get the feel of the evening light. I have posted this painting on my website for sale for $100. To buy the painting click here.

To view more daily paintings, go to my website under painting studies. www.beckyjoy.com

Talk to you all later,
BECKY JOY
www.beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...