Monday, August 16, 2010

Daily oil painting trees, road, mountains by BECKY JOY


THE DIRT ROAD oil 5x7 $110 + S&H


This painting is reminiscent of road a typical road trip. In fact, it is from a photo that I took either in Utah or Montana last summer. I changed the photo a little and made the road a dirt road. I liked the mystery of the road disappearing around the trees and off into the distant mountains.

The palette knife was used in the foreground of the grass, bushes, road and highlights of the trees. This is a scene that could be almost anywhere in the US.

I finished painting one last 8x10 painting that I will be sending off to the new gallery in Dallas. So, I'll be framing, packing and shipping this week. One of the many jobs of an artist.

Tues at 4pm I will be live on ustream painting from my studio. To view the broadcast go to: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/becky-joy-artist-oil-painting-in-the-studio


BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
Prints
Cards


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...