Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rural Farm Scene by BECKY JOY


LIGHT ON THE FIELD oil 5x7 This painting is for sale on my website for $110 which includes the small black wrought iron display frame so that framing in not needed. To purchase this painting click here.

The scene is from the Sierra Madres in Mexico, but could be almost anywhere. It was late afternoon with the sunlight hitting the field and trees. There were bushes along the fence and the field that had yellow blooming flowers. I'm not sure what they were, I hadn't noticed them up here before. The climate was a high desert climate and looked much like northern Arizona. You can see the thick paint from the palette knife and the smoother brushwork. This gives more dimension and depth to the painting. I'm from the school of thought that paintings should have variety in every way, texture, size, color, warm/cool, light/dark, etc., etc.

I got some other painting done today. One that I had sketched out and blocked in yesterday. It is one of 50 for a large project that I have been working on. I'm still not ready to divulge the secret work. 


Today I posted some images on Fine Art America for prints and cards. Check them out at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/becky-joy.html

Talk to you all tomorrow.


BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...