Saturday, September 4, 2010

desert plein air oil landscape by BECKY JOY


This 10x8 plein air oil is available through http://theartgallerist.com

I got home from my Oregon trip a couple of days ago. As I said before the workshop went great and family and friend time was good. I'm still waiting for a box to show up. I mailed some of my plein air paintings and paints back home. I suppose with the holiday weekend, it will be here on Tuesday. I did receive my palette knives that I mailed from a gift shop at the airport. They caught them this time and they didn't go through. I never really thought about it, two of them a pretty sharp. The dull one was OK to go through. 

This is a plein air painting that has been around for awhile. I reworked it today. I wasn't totally happy with the color before. The colors are richer and more vibrant now. I liked the zigzag pattern reaching up to the sky.
I felt like I had overworked it before. Sometimes I get caught up in the detail and work a painting to death.

Tomorrow I'm heading north to paint at a wine festival outside of Cottonwood. The winery invited some artists into the festival to do some plein air painting. I don't know what to expect, but I have heard it will be crowded. Anyway, its more plein air painting, that's good.

Have a great weekend everyone.

BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
Prints
Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...