Sunday, September 12, 2010

SURF AND SAND, TOM BROWN PLEIN AIR BEACH PAINTING



"WET FEET"
5x7 INCH ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR
OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN

Sometimes I like to push things to see how far I can abstract it and still get a recognizable image.

I like to go beyond the details nature offers and find the essence of the subject; the emotional magic that attracted me to it in the first place.

The heart of the subject is frequently not in details; it’s in the big shapes of color and value. The movement and rhythm of the scene. That’s what I went for in this one.

This is another 5x7 inch palette knife painting, done at Huntington Beach during the Invitational Plein Air event I am currently participating in. Let me know if you like it. Thanks for looking.

If you’d like this painting for your home let me know: tombrownstudio@cox.net

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom, I like your technique of abstracting a scene without losing the image. I also like how you have drawn out the subtle colors till they pop out and say here we are. Very nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing
    This fabulous work with us
    Good creations

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...