Tuesday, October 5, 2010

BOAT, HARBOR, CLOUDS PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN



“SKY HIGH CLOUDS”
5x7 inch original oil painting
by Tom Brown

Another juicy little gem done just for fun. (Check the texture and colors in the detail shot.)

This was painted at the edge of Balboa Island late in the day. I used my custom-designed pochade box and a palette knife. That’s all I needed.

Setup was instantaneous. I just popped open my pochade box and went to work. No solvents or mediums to spill, and no brushes to clean when I’m done.

Afterwards I merely wiped the palette knife on a tissue and closed the paintbox with the painting safely stored inside. I was completely packed and ready to go.

That kind of gear makes it very inviting to pause for a few moments to capture something like this in a painting. I’ll bet it makes you want to get out your OWN paints and give it a try, doesn’t it?

Have a colorful day, and let me know if you would like this little treasure: tombrownstudio@cox.net


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...