Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Sailing at Dusk" by Karla Nolan, palette knife miniature oil painting on linen panel

Busy, busy, busy!  I have been so, so busy!  It's been fun, though, painting miniatures onto linen panels.  It's challenging to provide any detail in such a tiny space!  Obviously my influence has been our recent trip back East -- there's not much in the way of ocean in Colorado!  We do have reservoirs, rivers, streams, lakes and so on, but somehow the Rhode Island trip seems to have been a bit of a kick in the pants for me regrading boats and water.  I hope you are enjoying it as much as I hate.  (More coming!)  

I have also set up yet another website, www.PaintingsOnGlass.com, to showcase my paintings on glass.  There is a piece in progress as I type with sailboats.  That's a true challenge, showing proper structure and making the water look good.  Be sure to check it out, along with my new blogspot, listed below.

Thanks for looking!
 
By the way:  you may know by now that I've applied new pricing to my oil paintings, as most are not in galleries.  This one is for sale at $36 which includes s/h in North America. It's a 4"x6" miniature palette knife painting on linen panel.  Just write me, I'll send you a Paypal invoice, and we'll got from there -- or feel free to write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information.  Thanks so much for looking!

 Click here for a link to yet another art blogspot, one that I created for my paintings on Click here:  PaintingOntoGlass

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...