Tuesday, October 26, 2010

White Towel - Palette Knife Painting by Judy Mackey

"White Towel"
8 x 6 inches, Oil on hardboard
Available

The other day I painted on rough textured linen stretched canvas.  My former art instructor, Francois Arenas, have me enough of the raw rough canvas to stretch my own canvas.  I stretched it, prepared it, gessoed it, but hadn't used it these past years, it felt too precious to paint on.  But when I did finally paint on it I didn't like the roughness as my palette knife plopped the paint on it.  I actually prefer these gessoed hardboards, the way the knife glides on it.  So, palette knife painters, what surface do you prefer?

Visit my website for more:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...