Friday, November 5, 2010

Rhapsody in Blue oil painting by Niki Gulley


“Rhapsody in Blue” ©2010 Niki Gulley
Oil on canvas • 30” x 40”

When I was a teenager my grandparents and the majority of my dad’s family moved to Texas and I loved coming down from Chicago to visit them. I remember the first time I saw a massive field of bluebonnets and I was awestruck by the expanse of color. It was amazing that such tiny flowers when planted in mass could form a solid sea of blue. I wanted to relive those fond memories of spending time with my grandma and grandpa, while also recreating the exciting wildflower displays I remember seeing for the first time as a kid in Rhapsody in Blue. Using this interesting weathered farm house in Marble Falls and painting it engulfed in one of our best bluebonnet and Indian Paintbrush displays perfectly captures those memories.

To see more of my Texas wildflower paintings, stop by the Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas this Saturday for the "Artists of Texas" reception from 1-5. Myself and many of the other talented artists will be there to answer any questions and talk with you more about our work.

Where Texas Finds Its Color
The Artists of Texas - Second Annual State Show
Artist Reception November 6th, 1:00-5:00 pm
November 2 - December 31, 2010

The Dutch Art Gallery
10233 East Northwest Highway Suite 420
Dallas, Texas 75238


To see more of my paintings, visit my website at NikiGulley.com or e-mail me at Niki@NikiGulley.com with any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...