Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"The Cher River From Chateau de Chenonceau", by Karla Nolan, palette knife/brush oil painting, linen panel

I must say I am very pleased with how this painting turned out.  Green is the most frustrating color with which I work.  There are so many shades, hues:  blues, greys, yellows, all play into the different shades of green.  Reflections are also a huge challenge.  You think:  oooh, I got it right this time, you step back, move forward to fix....maybe now?  All in all, painting is just one major analytical challenge!  But I still enjoy it!  Go figure!  

This part of France, the Loire Valley, is enchanting.  The Chateau de Chenonceau is a huge castle; the grounds were as lovely as the interior.  If you have the opporunity, put it on your "must see" list and go backwards in time. 

"The Cher River From Chateau de Chenonceau" 10"x8" palette knife/brush oil painting on linen panel, $100 includes s/h in U.S., contact me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com and I'll mail you a Paypal invoice -- s/h in other locations to be determined at time of sale, of course. 

I have set up a second website, Paintings On Glass, to showcase my paintings on glass.  There is a piece in progress as I type with sailboats.  That's a true challenge, showing proper structure and making the water look good.  Be sure to check it out, along with my new blogspot, listed below.
 
Look below for a link to yet another art blogspot, one that I created for my paintings on glass, or click here:  PaintingOntoGlass

Thanks for looking!
Click here to join my e-mail newsletter list...
You can now find me on Twitter! Click here to "follow"! It's really fun!
MORE NEWS at Karla Nolan Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...