Friday, December 10, 2010

The Dog Did It! by Roxanne Steed





4"x4" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"The only mystery about the cat is why it ever decided to become a domestic animal."
-Compton MacKenzie



What is it with cats and Christmas trees? I think they delight in the notion that it's totally there for them, like their own giant toy. They climb the tree, bat off the glass ornaments, and pull bows off of packages to bat around the house like creatures possessed! And of course as aggravating as it can be, it's as funny as ever. Just try to scold a cat....she'll give you a look all wide-eyed and innocent.....trying to assure you that "The dog did it!" Of course........ there is no dog in the house.

To purchase this work, or see other available paintings, please visit my DailyPainters.com gallery store.

*****Here in CT: Also- some very exciting news: I just found out I have three paintings juried into the Lyme Art Association "Deck The Walls" show, opening today (Friday, Dec. 10th, 2010). Please join us at the opening reception from 5-7pm. I am honored to be able to take part in this show with some of New England's finest painters!
I sure hope to see you there this evening!!!!

And in southern CA: If you are in the San Diego area, you deserve to treat yourself to a drive up to the Keys Creek Lavender Farm in Valley Center. They have special weekend hours in their farm store, for the next two weekends. I have five of my small paintings of the farm available there. Friday and Saturday hours are 10am to 4pm. Once you've been there, you'll wonder why you waited so long to go visit!

I'm currently taking commissions for next year - 2011- if you have a special pet, event, memorable place, that you'd like to commemorate!

Welcome to my latest new subscribers! I do hope you enjoy the paintings, photos & stories! I always love hearing comments from my readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...