Friday, December 3, 2010

Ram Tough (sculpture study) by Roxanne Steed



8"x10" oil on gessoed masonite art-board

"There is no stimulus like that which comes from the consciousness of knowing that others believe in us."
- Orison Sweet Marden


I hope you've all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I had a wonderful visit with my daughters down in Arlington, VA. I took a small sketchbook and some gouache paints (sounds like: gwash). They are simply opaque watercolor paints, and great for sketching. They were easy & small to pack. I'll share some of these in a later post, as I haven't photographed them yet.

It's been a busy week as we 'turn the corner' into December. On Wednesday I did get out to go paint with Leif Nilsson again. A rainy & blustery day, so we stayed inside....the challenge- to paint this ram's head sculpture! It's truly something I don't think I would've chosen to paint on my own. But a challenge...well, it's a great opportunity to learn!

To see this & other available works, please visit my DailyPainters.com gallery store.

***I'm currently taking commissions for next year - 2011- if you have a special pet, event, memorable place, that you'd like to commemorate! (Weddings, anniversaries, birthdays and I-love-yous).

***I spent Thursday framing and have just delivered a great new selection of my most recent works to Total Design in Old Saybrook. Of interest is a a selection of my small Irish boat paintings, as well as florals and garden scenes. It's located at 180 Main Street in Old Saybrook, hours are 10-5:30 Tuesday - Saturday. Phone-860-388-0019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...