Monday, December 6, 2010

Sky #32 sunset by BECKY JOY

$125. Sky #32  oil on canvas panel, free
shipping in US, free display easel.
Click here to purchase.

Again, I found myself painting and wiping off and painting again. I have found that painting skies and trying to constantly think of new color combinations that I keep reverting back to what I know and have painted before. This time was no different, so I pulled out a tube of a different color to force me into thinking differently. I used a permanent rose in this painting. Next time I want to get away from the pink and try something else.

I worked in my studio this morning organizing. Yes, I still haven't got it completely done, but very close. I went through my stretcher bars and organized and threw out broken ones, etc. This last weekend I put together two videos after I almost threw the camera across the room in frustration. I have one video of my drying rack made from the old metal wc frame and another video of me plein air painting in OR. I tried to edit the painting down to 3 or 4 minutes (its 3 1/2). I've had some comments about it being too short. What do you think? Both video links are below.

Plein air painting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG4egw2lO8s
painting rack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZwXYpe_5xo

Well, back to making more videos. Talk to you later.

BECKY JOY
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...