Monday, January 17, 2011

"Awa'awapuhi Trail, Kauai: Where the Sky Meets the Ocean", by Karla Nolan, palette knife, brush, oil painting,



Life has been a bit unsettling lately, family things and all.  I guess that's just how it goes these days.  The "sandwich" generation.  

Last weekend it snowed like crazy and I was unable, due to the icy roads, to go to Loveland to paint with my friends.  So...I set up shop in the kitchen on the breakfast table.  This is something I try NOT to do, as I do cook a fair amount and you shouldn't have oil paints near food -- more clean up time for me!  

However, I am happy to say that I enjoyed painting!  Two larger works came out of the day -- and here is the first of them:  "Awa'awapuhi Trail, Kauai:  Where the Sky Meets the Ocean" -- we were there a number of years ago and I'm no great hiking fan or great hiker!  Ultimately, I did enjoy the day, but with this trail you go DOWN first, UP last!  Aagh!  Hot, sweaty, warm weather, it was tedious but well worth the energy.  The Grand Canyon of Kauai and Hawaii, as I recall -- and I think it may be true!  At least I avoided the helicopter tour -- dysequilibium would have reigned!


"Awa'awapuhi Trail, Kauai:  Where the Sky Meets the Ocean", 12"x16" palette knife and brush oil painting on gessoed board, $215, unframed, s/h to be determined at time of sale.  Write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information or to buy through Paypal invoice.  Thanks for looking!


I have set up a second website, Paintings On Glass, to showcase my paintings on glass.  There is a piece in progress as I type with sailboats.  That's a true challenge, showing proper structure and making the water look good.  Be sure to check it out, along with my new blogspot, listed below.
 
Look below for a link to yet another art blogspot, one that I created for my paintings on glass, or click here:  PaintingOntoGlass

Thanks for looking!
Click here to join my e-mail newsletter list...
You can now find me on Twitter! Click here to "follow"! It's really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...