Monday, January 10, 2011

Daydream Believer by Roxanne Steed



12"x12" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"Reverie is not a mind vacuum. It is rather the gift of an hour which knows the plenitude of the soul."
- Gaston Bachelard


Sometimes a song just pops into my head and voila, there's the title for my painting. December and January do seem like contemplative times for me, (perhaps it's the mixed feelings over snow that get me going). But I've continued to focus on color, mixing & placing of complements (opposites on the color wheel). Please contact me for more information about this painting or to purchase, roxannesteed@gmail.com

Now, with a bit of worry over snow comes the preventative measures of the trip to the grocery store.....for milk, bread, veggies, and FLOWERS! I was especially thrilled to find these blue flowers next to the sunflowers. I had to dig through my garden catalog to figure out what they are- agapanthus. A big nor'easter is aiming down on us tonight- gonna make sure I have flowers on hand!


*****Upcoming shows - Here in CT: I'll be taking part in the Mystic Art Center's Members Exhibition which opens this Friday, January 14th, 5:30-7:30pm (Mystic, CT). Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...