Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Moonscape oil painting by BECKY JOY


6x6 oil on canvas panel $125/ price includes shipping in US and free display easel

To purchase click here.
I have tried this color combination before without success. I wanted to have a yellow/orange moon. I've tried this before a couple of times, but threw them out and tried it again and again. This time I started with cad orange, cad yellow lt and titanium for the moon. I then used ultramarine with the orange and moved out to dioxazene purple. In the end, I felt that the colors that I used worked together.

On my last post, I got a comment about my plein air painting. John thought he saw a car in the background. I wasn't sure what he saw, but I eventually got that the rail fence in the background looked a little like a car window. I felt if he saw it others probably would also. It wasn't necessary to the scene, so I painted it out. Also he said he thought the bushes behind the tree wasn't right. It was actually an area that I got lazy with while I was painting it. I had wondered about that area, so I repainted it. I think that by listening to John that I came away with a better painting. I'll have to take a photo of it tomorrow to let you see the new changes.
Talk to you all later.
Becky Joy

www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...