Saturday, January 22, 2011

Transparent Grace by Roxanne Steed



8"x10" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival panel

"Grace isn't a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal. It's a way to live."
- Jackie Windspear


Now for something completely different, a bit of a challenge. Transparent glassware - which turned out to be much more fun than I first thought it might be. I was initially interested in the strong shadow shapes on the table, but as I progressed into the painting, the transparency of the glass (and those shapes that make up those items) became so fascinating to me. I think I have some more subject matter to pursue! Please contact me, roxannesteed@gmail.com for more information about this painting.


*****Upcoming shows - Here in CT: I'll be taking part in the Mystic Art Center's Members Exhibition which opened this past Friday, January 14th, runs through the 26th of February. Hope you get a chance to see this show right here on the banks of the Mystic River.

Also- I've juried in to the 19th Annual Associate Artist Exhibition at Lyme Art Association!! The show runs from January 14th - February 26th. The Opening Reception is Friday, January 21st, from 5-7pm. I am truly honored to be hanging in this historic venue with many of New England's finest artists!

Visit my website - www.roxannesteed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...