Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"What's Cookin'?" by Roxanne Steed



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual "food" out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps."

- Miss Piggy


I feel like I've been keeping secret some of the new things I've been working on. These still-life set-ups have been so fun for me this winter. I've been more deliberate than ever about considering what actually gets to be "on-stage", and still considering every nuance of color complements. I've also been working on a variety of sizes, some as small as 6"x6" and going up to 12"x12" so far. If winter lasts really long, who knows, I may go even bigger on some of these!

"What's Cooking" has a favorite little copper pot with three red onions. It's a 6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite archival artboard. I am especially fond of red onions over white onions in most everything I cook. And of course, they had a task waiting for them as soon as I was finished painting! They went into a fine batch of Bermuda Fish Chowder! I hadn't cooked this in a long while, but I had recently found some "Outerbridges Sherry-Pepper sauce" at a specialty cooking store and couldn't wait to make this again! What's going into the soup-pot at your house?

Welcome to my latest new subscribers! I do hope you enjoy the paintings, photos & stories! I always love hearing comments from my readers!!

Contact me at roxannesteed@gmail.com to purchase this painting.
Or - visit my website at www.roxannesteed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...