Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A PAINTER’S SECRET FROM TOM BROWN


Thumbnail studies are one of my secrets to powerful paintings.

They encourage me play with intuitive concepts before investing time and effort in a large painting.

Intuitive decisions are the most honest and unfiltered. And this produces some of the most powerful paintings. Like this small palette knife study.

These little thumbnails often stand as finished paintings in their own right. In the right frame they are like little jewels, sparkling with color and brilliance.

In the hardbound collector’s edition of my paintings I include a number of my palette knife paintings along with a broad assortment of my best work using brushes. Take a look at part of the book here:
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1786423

Today’s painting: A study for
“END OF A PERFECT DAY”
approximately 5.5 x 4.5 inches

Thanks for looking,
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors in this one, absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Succeed! It could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on the subject. Excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort very well. Thanks for the huge help. painters and decorators chester

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...