Monday, May 30, 2011

Dragonfly Dreams by Kay Wyne

Dragonfly Dreams
30" x 48" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
This abstract evolved after going through several different stages. When I first started this painting, I though I wanted to paint an abstract. Then at one point it was going to be a horizon series painting. You can see where the horizon line is...and then after putting some color on the the canvas, I saw a dragonfly and proceeded to incorporate that image along with some geometric shapes, lines and texture. I used brushes, palette knives and oil sticks on this painting. I like the shape and size of the canvas...thanks for viewing this blog! Have a great day on this Memorial Day. I will be in the studio painting away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...