Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Texas Bluebonnet pastel by Niki Gulley

"Last Light," Texas Hill Country ©2010 Niki Gulley
12" x 24" pastel

We drove down to the Texas Hill Country to see the bluebonnets, and the Willow City Loop did not disappoint! Thick masses of azure blue as far as the eye could see. I was particularly drawn to this scene late in the day when the sun was starting to set and creating interesting long lavender shadows across the gently rolling landscape.

I'll have this pastel and more of my Texas bluebonnet paintings at my booth at the Watters Creek Art Festival, watters-creek.com/events/Fine-Arts-Festival-Sun.htm, this weekend in Allen, TX., so please stop by to see them in person.

May 13 • 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
May 14 • 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
May 15 • 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Allen, TX • in Watters Creek on Village Green Dr.
970 Garden Park Dr. (at U.S. 75 and Bethany Drive)

E-mail me at Niki@NikiGulley.com for more information.

Visit my website at NikiGulley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...