Saturday, May 21, 2011

Upcountry Pool- Janet Bludau


Visitors at art shows love to ask artists what their favorite painting is.  I almost always get asked this.  There usually isn't one favorite that I have but maybe 3 - 4 that I like the best for different reasons.  And usually I don't have 1 or 2 of them at the show because they are at home, hanging on a wall because I am not yet ready to part with them or maybe the piece was too large to haul to the show.  This is one of my favorites and yet it really is so simple, I find myself a bit embarrassed to admit this.    Maybe it is the red peeking out ( I do love to do this) or the blues playing off the green which has always been one of my favorite color combos.  Growing up, my parent's living room was done in exactly these colors and I have always loved it.  The "avocado" green of the 50's-60's - I think they had those fake grapes that you now see again in retro shops, sitting on the coffee table and the blue upholstered, streamlined "Danish" chairs.  I would love to have those chairs now.  They would once again be very cool! So there you have it - one of my favorites.  This did not sell at the latest show, the Balboa Island Artwalk.  I am going to frame it for the next show I do and see what happens.  6 x 6 oil

contact me at:  janethod@aol.com
personal blog:  http://janetbludaufineart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...