Tuesday, June 28, 2011

high desert plein air oil landscape painting by BECKY JOY



These two plein air painting, 6x8 are available on my website for $350. each. Click here to purchase.
I painted both of these on my plein air trip to Zion. The canyon piece was the first of the day in a marathon painting day from dawn to dusk, too tired for a nocturnal piece.
I painted a larger painting today from the canyon piece. It has taken me several days. With the heat at 115 degrees the last two days in Phoenix, I have found it difficult to have the energy to do anything. I'll just keep at it, just slower.
When I was in Coeur d'Alene, I had an art rep approach me. I have wavered on how I feel about it. At times I think it would be great to have someone take over part of the business from me, but on the other hand, I feel a loss of control and not sure if it would be in the direction that I want to go. It has been and continues to be so important to me to improve as an artist and I'm not sure that that can happen with a rep.
Well, talk to you all tomorrow.
Becky Joy
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoy.com
http://beckyjoy.com/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...