Thursday, August 18, 2011

standing guard by Dottie T Leatherwood

standing guard
6" x 8" oil on panel
©2011 DottieLeatherwood

 
Seagulls are such opportunists. I was sitting on the beach yesterday reading my book and noticed a group of seagulls checking out an abandoned beach bag. They circled it for a while before one of the gulls worked up his nerve and dove into the beach bag. Immediately, he pulled out a bag of chips and flew a few feet away with them. (I think they have done this before!) At that point another gull challenged him and gained control of the goodies. He proceeded to tear open the bag and eat his fill while the other gulls stood around like his security detail and watched for the owner of the chips to come back. Funny little birds!
To see more of my work please check out my website:
or sign up to receive my daily painting blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...