Monday, September 12, 2011

Big Old Okra - palette knife painting by Dottie T Leatherwood

big old okra
6" x 6" oil on panel
©2011 DottieLeatherwood

I was picking okra, or what's left of it, this morning in my garden. Okra seems to grow at least three inches every night. One day a flower, the next a lovely little green okra ready to eat. No matter how often I pick, I always miss one. I will notice a stalk on the ground and sure enough, a gigantic okra at the end of it! Although inedible......it was such a lovely shade of green, I decided to paint it. A little past it's prime but still valuable!


To see more of my work please check out my website:
www.dottietleatherwood.com
or sign up to receive my daily painting blog:
http://dottietleatherwood.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...