Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sundown, El Capitan Meadow


I call these small 6 x 6 x1.5" canvases "landcakes" because you pick them up just like a cake on a plate, twirl them around on your hand, taking the knife and smoothing the edges on the sides just like a cake decorator.  As long as I don't taste the frosting, I'm OK, right?  I did this outdoors as the sun was setting in El Capitan Meadow, in Yosemite Valley, looking west.  Deer were getting up from their daytime shade nests, and starting to browse.  Perfect ending to the day!  Contact me through    www.pennyotwell.com    to purchase this oil painting on canvas at $150.


        

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...