Friday, October 21, 2011

"Hell's Backbone Grill" by Kathryn Willis

Hell's Backbone Grill, 16x12" oil on panel
Kathryn Willis

I celebrated my birthday last month during the Escalante Plein Air Festival. Steve and I celebrated at the Hell's Backbone Grill an out-of-the-way treasure, off spectacular Highway 12 in the remote town of Boulder, Utah. That afternoon, in the shade of the big cottonwood trees, I painted this picture of the restaurant and a bit of their beautiful gardens.
Unfortunately, the next day back at camp, I brought out the painting to do some touch-up work, and a big wind blew the painting face down in the dirt. I had to scrap off all the paint and was unable to show it at the festival, but the imprint was sufficient for my to finish it up back at home in my studio. The joys and tribulations of plein air painting!

Painting Available for Purchase

Sign up for my free monthly newsletter here.

For information about this painting and to view my work:

My website site: http://www.kathrynwillisart.com
My blog: http://www.kathrynwillisart.com/blog
email: kathy@kathrynwillisart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...