Sunday, October 16, 2011

MALE FIGURE STUDY, CELL PHONE, TOM BROWN CONTEMPORARY URBAN PAINTING



I painted this figure study at an outdoor café. I couldn’t resist.

I began with a quick monochromatic lay-in, using thinned paint and a brush while this guy stood nearby. He was deep in conversation and totally unaware of me.

After he moved away I simply continued from memory and added a few color notes where they were needed. When I got to this point I felt it was finished.

I used the small custom-made paint box you’ve seen in many of my YouTube videos.

I rested the paint box in my lap as I painted. It looks like a laptop and it doesn’t attract any attention, leaving me free to paint people like this guy without anyone being aware.

This is a 5x7 inch original oil painting I call “HOW DO I GET THERE?”

I’ve put this painting on eBay with a very low starting bid. If you like it, place a bid now before I change my mind. (I can’t raise the starting bid once a bid has been placed.) Click here to bid:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Thanks for looking,
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...