Sunday, October 30, 2011

Truck plein air oil landscape painting by BECKY JOY


Taos, NM truck, plein air oil, 6x8, $75. Click here to bid.
I painted this a while back when I was traveling the high road between Taos and Santa Fe. I've always been a sucker for antique autos. I love the history and the imagination that goes with it. Who drove the truck, where did they live, what kind of lives. You get the picture.

I just got back home last night after being in Sedona for the plein air invitational. I worked hard from dawn to sunset and then some. Almost every day I was setting up before the sun rose, then painted all day until the sun set. I even painted at night at Tlaquepaque. The show went well, I sold some and then took some new paintings over to Windrush Gallery in Sedona. I caught up with some old friends and met plenty of new ones. I had a great time and felt that I learned a lot.

Kevin MacPherson gave a lecture about his pond series that was wonderful. His whole series was on exhibition at the Sedona Arts Center. It was wonderful to see in its entirety. I had seen his book before, but of course, the real deal always surpasses the photos.

Today was some catching up with office work and tomorrow some more.

Talk to you later.

Becky Joy
http://beckyjoy.com/
http://artworkshopsonline.com/
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...