Wednesday, October 26, 2011

White Rock Lake painting with Niki Gulley


"Bridge to Tomorrow" ©2011 Niki Gulley
12" x 24" textured oil painting

On a peaceful autumn day last fall, I went out to White Rock Lake and captured this beautiful sunset behind the Dallas skyline. I liked the intricacy of the bridge and how it crossed through the composition, connecting the left and the right sides. The sunlight was peaking through the ironwork and various plants in the foreground were back lit, while the water's surface was shimmering from the low light, spreading vivid colors in all directions. A perfect ending to the day!
***
Please join me at the Dallas Arboretum and White Rock Lake this weekend for a 2-day painting workshop. I only have two spots left, so e-mail at Niki@NikiGulley.com for more information and to register or visit nikigulley.com/?page_id=13.
***
To see more of my contemporary landscape paintings and local Dallas scenes, visit my website at NikiGulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...