Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"red dirt road" - A Palette Knife Painting by Dottie T Leatherwood

red dirt road
11" x 14" oil on canvas
©2011 DottieLeatherwood
----------------------------------------

I have been working on several large paintings lately, which is a good thing, but I did sit down on Saturday and paint this small one. I love the loose feel of this and the road disappearing around the bend. Not exactly sure where it might be headed or even if its headed anywhere. I was happy with the way this turned out, although my photograph of it seems darker than the painting itself. I sure hope Santa is reading my blog and brings me a new camera.......
----------------------------------------
To see more of my work please check out my website:
www.dottietleatherwood.com
or sign up to receive my daily painting blog:
http://dottietleatherwood.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...