Tuesday, December 13, 2011

State Fair Rooster by Kay Wyne

State Fair Rooster
12" x 16" Oil on Gallery Wrap Linen
Palette Knife Painting
This painting was painted at Dutch Art Gallery for a demo on Saturday. I had thought about wiping it at one point, but once I let the paint sit for a couple of days, I made several strokes with the knife and signed it. This rooster was at the Texas State Fair, all caged up.....John and I were walking through the barns, and this fellow caught my eye.
Here is a close-up of the linen......lots of texture because the paint was layered with the palette knife. I felt like I was frosting a cake! I did wipe the background once....I was talking during the demo and really wasn't thinking about the color choice.....I wiped the dioxazine purple (was too intense) and mixed some turquoise and cobalt blue for the background. I think that makes it pop. Thanks for viewing the art on this blog.....contact me for more information on this painting at 214-532-0325 or kay@kwyne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...