Friday, January 20, 2012

Arizona Artist oil landscape painting autumn aspen trees

Hi everyone,
 I finally finished this painting, a 36"x32" oil. I started it about 6 months ago, lost interest or momentum on it. Set it aside. And got it back out yesterday. I worked on it yesterday, thought I was finished, but no. I went to photograph it today and realized I still needed a lot of work on it. I put it back up on the easel and thought I finished about 5 more times, each time photographing it, seeing something that needed to be done and working on it more. I THINK I'm done now. I hope so. I feel like I'm done with it.

Last night I went to the Putney Painters opening at Legacy Gallery. Of course, it was wonderful. After visiting some of the other galleries, I even had to go back and look at them again. I saw a few friends at the show and on the street (going to the galleries). Qiang Huang was there with his two magnificent paintings. For someone from Austin, I sure run into him I think every time he has come to Phoenix, 3 maybe 4 times now. Daniel Keys paintings were some of my favorites and of course, Richard Schmidt's. There's always so much to take in at these shows. Love it.

 Becky
 beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
  My Daily Paintings
  Art Workshops Online
 My Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...