Monday, January 9, 2012

Sedona Plein air oil landscape by Becky Joy

6x8 plein air oil landscape $150. 

Hi everyone,
I painted this at dawn in Sedona. Some of the lower layers of rock are a lighter color appearing orange in the warm sunlight. I've been getting ready for shows lately and finishing paintings that are laying around in the studio. Sometimes they just seem to stack up. To me the most exciting part about painting is the beginning. Unfortunately, sometimes I lose momentum and interest in a painting if I am interupted or take a break.
My blogpost on Art Workshops Online is about painting blue skies, the variety of colors to use when painting seemingly one color. More on the post.

Becky Joy
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...