Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tea Time by Pamela Blaies

Oil on Canvas
16" x 20"

Tea Time Study
14" x 17"

I blogged about the study I did for Tea Time a couple of days ago, but thought I would include the photo of it again to show a side-by-side comparison. The study was supposed to have been a quick check of composition and color, but I really got caught up and put some time into it once I got started. I love the sepia, almost antique feel of the study, but decided to make the subjects cooler in color and the background and shadows warmer for the finished painting, which is more "true to life" color.  As you can tell the flowers were fading fast and getting smaller by the day, I even had to replace the one in the middle.  Usually a study turns out to be a very loose version of my finished piece, but in this case it almost seems like two completely different paintings.

I love to share my art and inspiration.  Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...