Sunday, February 12, 2012

FREE OIL PAINTING TIPS from TOM BROWN



STATE THE KEY COLOR SPOTS SIMPLY
It’s a great way to begin any landscape no matter how detailed you plan to make it. That’s what this painting is all about. It’s a quick study of a landscape showing a hill, trees, distant mountains and wind-swept skies.

IT CREATES A “REALISTIC ABSTRACT”
And that gets you off to a solid start because it perfectly captures the essence of the scene. All work done after this point is merely filling in detail.

DON’T BE TIMID
Be bold. Take a chance and go for it. Using bold descriptive brush strokes and carefully planned color mixtures, I captured the elements of the scene that had caught my eye and inspired me to paint it. This was a demonstration painting during an outdoor workshop I taught for other artists.

SOMETIMES THAT’S ALL IT TAKES
I had planned to paint a great deal more detail, but when I saw the results here I decided I liked it that way and decided not to take it any further. Check out the detail image to see the brush work I used to capture these effects. I was very pleased with the result. I hope you like it too.

THIS PAINTING IS A $5 AUCTION. CLICK HERE TO BID:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

“THE COLORS OF NATURE”
3x5 inch Plein Air Study
original oil on Canvas Panel by Tom Brown

Thanks for looking.
tombrownstudio@cox.net

1 comment:

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...