Monday, February 20, 2012

A Splendid Way to Spend the Afternoon by Pamela Blaies

22" x 28"
Oil on Canvas

Last week, I really enjoyed painting these pink-tipped roses. I would have liked to paint a few more paintings of these roses with different compositions, but I got a little overzealous while putting this particular still life together. My mind would drift to my idea of the perfect relaxing afternoon and I would add a book here, then a frame there, then extra lemons.... It ended up taking me the whole week to complete this one - and the blooms just couldn't hold out long enough for one more painting. Sigh...

It is hard to see in the photograph, but the shadows are filled with color. Deep reds, greens and blues add interest and depth to this piece.

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...