Saturday, March 24, 2012

Art Touches the Heart by Pamela Blaies

20" x 16"
Oil on Canvas

I am spending this weekend exhibiting at the Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park in the Houston area. The weather is great, the sales have been spectacular and it has been fun to visit with so many art lovers and collectors. Two of my paintings brought tears to the eyes of not one, not two, three or four, but FIVE tender souls. I loved hearing how my art touched them in such a powerful way. One mom came into my booth with her daughter, who looked to be around 15 or 16 years old. She told me how this painting, Little Miss Independent, had instantly flooded her mind with the touching memory of her daughter as a young flower girl a decade ago. I looked over at her daughter and asked her if she had an independent streak as a child--she just looked back at me and grinned.

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...