Wednesday, March 21, 2012

On the Quay by Lisa Elley. 2012. 9 X 12. Oil on Canvas

On the Quay by Lisa Elley. 2012. 9 X 12. Oil on Canvas
My favorite city; Auckland, New Zealand.
 The amazingly ornate red wrought-iron fence
 was pre fabricated in the UK and built in stages from 1913.
 Lovingly preserved by Kiwis, may it long stay that way.
The building in the background is the original Ferry Terminal
and stands like a wonderfully historic sentry, guarding the modern
glass buildings of the city behind it (to the right of it in the painting)
When I painted this I took particular care with the wrought iron in the foreground.
 The colors were delicious to paint, cadmium red medium
with a touch of cadmium yellow medium.

Please visit my website:


or my blog:


or email me at lisa@paintersknife.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...