Saturday, April 7, 2012

ORANGE GROVE by TOM BROWN, 5x7 inch CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST




CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190664310252

The colorful orange groves that gave Orange County its name are nearly gone now. When I moved to California years ago my home was surrounded by these groves. I enjoyed setting up my easel among the trees and painting scenes like this on site.

Fallen fruit at the base of the trees often formed a colorful orange carpet before the pickers could harvest the crops. Towering eucalyptus trees formed protective wind breaks, adding drama to an already beautiful scene. It was an artist's paradise.

In fact when I was asked by the Pacific Symphony Orchestra to create a painting of my choice on a piano for a fundraiser, I chose the orange groves for my subject. I'm including a photo of that piano here as an additional point of interest.

Thanks for looking, and have a colorful day.
tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...