Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Canyon 1 and 2 Diptych Abstract Landscapes by California Painter Janet Bludau


Each painting measures 20" x 20"
There are times when one canvas just isn't enough.  Sometimes a painter comes across a landscape scene that is so stunning,  you just need more.
These two paintings were created for the Scenes of Tustin show.  They can stand alone or hang side by side with the bottom one to the right of the top one.  It isn't possible on this site to show them side by side I don't think but you can always email me for an image showing this.
I didn't start out planning on doing a diptych.  I wanted to paint two Tustin (a city in California) landscapes and I wanted to paint them at the same time.  I started using the same photo on each of them - a shot I had taken with my sister, who lives in this area.  Soon, I saw that the two were lining up somewhat and it was then that I made the decision.  I would then work on one while the other was off to the side and then when I would put them together again I would laugh at how I had goofed.  After way too may goofs, it wasn't funny anymore...
So, after many adjustments, I think I've got it.
The show will open with a reception on April 28th at Chemers Gallery in Tustin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...