Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Commission Prep Progress

Color Study for Commission
10" x 15"

This commissioned project is fun. I've been pretty busy this month preparing for some upcoming exhibits, so I haven't been able to focus on it like I've wanted. But doing a little work at a time is actually working out a little better. I've done more pencil sketches than I usually do for a commission, and the extra time passing by has given my mind the opportunity to do some extra processing. A color study is a small, quick painting that focuses on the color composition and not the details. Here is the most recent color study for this project. It is definitely not a finished product, however, I couldn't resist giving some detail to the beautiful little girl backlit with sunlight through her white dress.

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...