Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hello,

This is my first blog at the Palette Knife Painters blog.
First, I want to thank July to accept my membership.
To introduce myself, I am John, born in 1961, Dutch and since 2008 living and working in Switzerland.
I started with painting like most of us, playing with pastels and watercolor paint.
Soon I moved to Oils and Acrylics because I liked that medium better.
After several years of experimenting, I found / build my own style, just by painting with the palette knife. My style is a mixture of impressionism and abstract. Most of my work is made on board, 18x24. Last but not least, I frame my work in black wood frames. These frames are all home made.

Over the last 3 weeks, I was very bussy with my own exhibition. It is my first "solo" exhibition.  I presented 35 paintings. All made with Palette knife and presenting Swiss mountains and landsapes. Today, Sunday the 24th, is the closing day. It was a good exhibition, I have sold several paintings. But more important, I could do a lot of PR what has been resulted in been ivited  to present some work during a judgement next week and to be part of a new painting group here in Switzerland. Also, I have been ask to participate a exhibition later this year.



Below, you will find one of my last paitings, made 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Now, I am also playing, experimenting to add Swiss Mountains, landscapes (painted with Knife in a impressionism style) in the middle of a very abstract, colorfull painting. I will post one of these when I have finished the first study of this.

If you are interested in one of my paintings to buy, just drop a email to
jbercx.art@gmail.com, or visit my webpage: www.jbercx-art.net


3 comments:

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...