Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Niki Gulley at Lincoln Park Art Festival this weekend, Chicago, IL


"Natural Textures II" ©2012 Niki Gulley
24" x 24" textured painting on wrap around canvas

     Again, in this painting I wanted the focus to be on texture. Usually I paint with a lot of color, but I opted to use a limited palette on this piece to really concentrate on the peeling bark of the birch trees. Choosing to come in extremely close on the subject, I played around with various palette knife strokes, moving around extremely thick paint to add depth. And, of course I at the end, I had to throw in a few of my signature strokes of color – a splash of gold, some touches of lavender, and just a dab of red for added excitement and unexpected color twists. 
     Natural Textures II can be hung alone or with its companion piece, Natural Textures.

If you would like to see the "Natural Textures" series and more of my textured birch and aspen tree paintings, please stop by my booth at the Lincoln Park Art and Music Festival this weekend.

Lincoln Park Art and Music Festival
July 7 and 8 • noon – 8 pm
Chicago, IL
Booth #90 • on Racine between Fullerton and Webster
chicagoevents.com/event.cfm?eid=189

***

NikiGulley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...