Thursday, September 20, 2012

Daily Painting 1448 Scheffleras in Bloom

These huge scheffleras are growing in the back yard, they are also know as umbrella plants. The scheffleras have grown so large they are taller  than some of the palm trees.  They are around 30 or 40 feet tall.
 They are usually seen as a tiny plant in a dish garden. I painted this from life awhile ago, 2003 I think.  There were some things I didn't care for in the painting so I tweaked it a bit and here it is again.  Its 11 x 14 inches, $300.

http://lorisart.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I've had these as rather large houseplants before (large pots sitting on the floor & they were higher than waist tall) but I never knew they bloomed!!! I guess all those years I lived in central FL, I never saw one planted outside?! I would LOVE to see one in blooming outside!!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...