Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fine Dining by Pamela Blaies

24" x 18"
oil on canvas

As I was moving stuff around, setting up this composition, a layer of the onion fell to the side, revealing the shiny, new skin of onion underneath. I liked the way it looked, so I left it right where it lay. As soon as the light hit the table, the ruby red of the onion just popped and the inside of the skin reflected the light as if it was inlaid with silver. With an emerald green bottle and a garlic clove the color of pearls, I almost felt like I was painting jewelry instead of dinner!

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...